The superior quality of our cabinet construction is a point of pride for us at Online Cabinets Direct. Here, we will go over the details of our cabinetry and the specifications that make our products stand out from the competition.
Our company does not use cheap Chinese methods for our cabinet assembly. We have noticed that almost all other RTA Cabinet stores online use camlocks, metal clips, or plastic L-brackets for their assembly (we can best describe this assembly method is as if you were purchasing an entertainment center from an office supply store and had to screw it together with metal dials). Using their Chinese method of assembly is not durable, is unstable and can cause your cabinets to be racked (out of square) which is a major headache for installation. Our cabinets are not built to Chinese specifications like other online cabinet stores. We build our cabinets to USA standards to ensure they will last for many years to come because we are American and know quality is your main concern.
For detailed assembly information, please refer to our Cabinet Assembly Guide.
How Our RTA Kitchen Cabinet Assembly Method Differs from Other Store
Online Cabinets Direct is a US-based company and we know the difference in cabinet quality. Our cabinets do not use camlocks, metal clips nor plastic corner brackets for assembly. We use the same construction method as high-end custom cabinet companies here in the USA.
Our cabinets are made with a 1/2" plywood back, top, bottom and sides along with an additional 1/2" hanging rail to add extra support to your cabinet when it is attached to your wall. Our company uses I-Beam Construction which is the technique used by premium USA custom cabinet companies. We cut our plywood here in the USA as well to ensure quality and durability.
Five Piece Door and Drawer Headers
Dovetail Drawer Box
Full Extension Undermount Soft-Close Drawer Glides and Soft-Close Door Hinges
1/2" Plywood I-Beam Runners Along Top Dadoes
3/4" Solid Maple Face Frame
1/2" Back Panel with 1/2" Hanging Rails
How to Assemble Our RTA Kitchen Cabinets Getting Started
- (1) Box With 1/2" Plywood Cabinet Carcass
- (1) Box Cabinet Face Frame & Doors, Drawer Header & Drawer Box Material
- 2 Plywood Side Panels
- 1 Plywood Back Panel
- 2 Plywood Hanging Rails
- 1 Plywood Toe Kick Backer Panel
- 1 Finished to Match Face Frame
- 1 Plywood Top Panel (Wall and Tall Cabinets only)
- 1 Plywood Bottom Panel
- 2 Plywood I-Beam Struts
- - Base Cabinet I-Beam Stretcher Panels 4" x 22 5/8"
- - Vanity Cabinet I-Beam Stretcher Panel 4" x 19 5/8"
- Drawer Slides (2 Per Drawer Box)
- - Base Cabinet Drawer Slide 21"
- - Vanity Cabinet Drawer Slide 18"
- Door(s) Depending on Cabinet Size
- Door Hinges
- Drawer Header(s) Depending on Cabinet Size
- 4 5/8" Solid Wood Dove Tail Drawer Box Panels
- 1 Plywood Drawer Box Bottom Panel
- Brad nail gun or corrugated nail gun
- Air compressor
- Bar clamps
- Tape measure
- Wood glue
- Rubber mallet
- Hammer with wood block
- Drill with 1/8" and 5/32" drill bits
- #2 Phillips screwdriver
- #8 Wood screws
- Cotton wiping cloth (clean excess glue)
- 5/8" 18-gauge galvanized brad nails for attaching face frame to side panels
- #18-gauge galvanized brad nails for attaching plywood side panels to top panel (Wall Cabinets and Tall Cabinets only), bottom panel, back panel, I-Beam stretcher panels (Base Cabinets and Vanity Cabinets only) and toe kick backer panel
FREE Kitchen Design Guide
Please use our Kitchen Design Guide to help you through the design and planning process of your kitchen. Our guide includes step by step instructions on how to measure your kitchen or bathroom, and how to create the floor plan you will use to create your new room.